Proof of Work
Trustless consensus via difficulty-adjusted PoW is the innovation
Bitcoin’s difficulty-adjusted proof-of-work is the innovation. Without it, trustless digital scarcity and immutability is impossible.
Read the following, in order:
- A failure to understand proof of work is a failure to understand Bitcoin
- Memes vs The World - How information differs from physical objects
- Bitcoin is Time - How Bitcoin decentralizes time itself
- Bitcoin is Digital Scarcity
- Bitcoin’s Energy Consumption - A shift in perspective
Visit endthefud.org/PoW for a collection of articles that explain why proof-of-stake is a non-solution to the problems that Bitcoin solves.
Data & Reports
- 2022: How Bitcoin Mining Can Transform the Energy Industry
- 2022: Q2 Global Bitcoin Mining Data Review
- 2021: Q3 Global Bitcoin Mining Data Review
- 2021: Bitcoin is Key to an Abundant, Clean Energy Future
Reports by Arcane Research, the Bitcoin Mining Council, and the Bitcoin Clean Energy Initiative.
- 2022-08-18 Bitcoin Infinity Podcast #8
on proof-of-work, Value4Value, and Privacy, hosted by Ram & Krishna
- 2022-08-05 Presentation at Strike HQ #1
on proof-of-work, time, energy, and information, hosted by Jack Mallers
- 2022-07-12 Blue Collar Bitcoin Podcast (1) #64
on proof-of-work, intersubjective value, butt plugs, and how shitcoins are camouflage for bitcoin, hosted by Josh & Dan
🧡Found this valuable? Don't have sats to spare? Consider sharing it, translating it, or remixing it.
Confused? Learn more about the V4V concept.